'Ripple' Kula Cloth ®
It starts as a tiny ripple
A moment of focusing on the good
Look not on what is lacking
Focus instead on what you could
Create if you are open
To the dreams in your heart and mind
The things you create with love
From within will bloom outside.
Here's the story behind this Kula:
Founder Anastasia told Creative Director Amanda that she was thinking about a Kula that had 'fossils and crystals' on it. Amanda took that idea and went, quite literally, to the drawing table and felt... nothing. In fact, she wasn't really inspired by the idea at all. She called Anastasia, "I'm just not feeling the crystals and the fossil thing."
Anastasia is one of those weird individuals, who doesn't like to force things - and so she just told Amanda, "WHEN IN DOUBT, FORCE IT. THE BEST ART IS FORCED!!" Just kidding. That isn't what happened. What actually happened is that Anastasia told Amanda to let the print go for awhile and just see what happens. And, lo and behold, Amanda reflected on her time spent near streams in the woods looking for rocks and fossils... and guess what? The concept for the Ripple print was born. We hope you love it as much as we do.
Actual product description:
This is more than just a cloth. This is the product of years of obsessing over a way to create a pee cloth that solves all of the problems of traditional pee cloth options. It is a real piece of gear (not an afterthought scrap or remnant of fabric) created out of a love for the community of people we serve and love for the wilderness experiences we seek.
Kula is perfect for all of life's adventures... you can even use it at home as a zero waste alternative!
The Kula Cloth™ has these unique features that make it an extremely intentional piece of gear:
- super absorbent (absorbs 10x its weight in water!) and soft
- advanced silver-infused, antimicrobial fabric
- eco-friendly non-toxic materials (Bamboo Viscose, Cotton, Organic Cotton, Polyester)
- durable and waterproof 'clean' side so your hand doesn't get wet
- easily snaps to backpack using plastic snaps
- 'double snap' allows cloth to hang while folded in half (so it doesn't touch pack and/or get dirty on the trail)
- easy to clean or rinse and quick to dry
- retro-reflective thread detail for locating it at night with your headlamp
- weight per cloth is .5oz
- proudly made in the USA
For more information about the use/care of a Kula, please read our FAQ here.
About the artist: 'Ripple' print is an original design by Kula Creative Director Amanda McIntyre.