Intro to River SUP Touring - JULY 25-28th 2024
JULY 25-28th 2024
Find your flow and feel empowered to explore more rivers on your own after this trip with the CANRVRSUP Guide Team.
Following a warm-up paddle revisiting skills we need for this adventure on Thursday evening, the following morning we will set out to put-in at Nordegg. From here we will backcountry camp Friday and Saturday on the waters edge then return to Rocky Mountain House for a send off celebration Sunday afternoon.
We will immerse ourselves in stunning scenery as we learn to navigate the current. Be prepared to laugh, cry and howl with joy as we bond together on the water.
This course aims to inspire you to start SUP exploring on Class 1 & 2 Rivers. The Guides will share their tips and tricks to set you up for success on your next personal trip.
After completing this course clients can expect to understand what it takes to tackle a River SUP multi-day, understand basic self-rescue skills and garner river knowledge needed to move safely and efficiently.
- Step 4 - Intermediate - newer to the current, has paddle boarded before, feels comfortable falling off and remounting the paddle board.Participants should be comfortable swimming in moving water. Taking a River Intro Course in advance, and having experience paddling in current can be an asset to this trip but is not necessary.
START TIME - FINISH TIME
12pm Thursday - 2:00pm-ish Sunday
LOCATION-Rocky Mountain House
North Saskatchewan River
- Camping fees at Historic site Thursday Night.
- All paddling gear required
- Meals Provided (Friday (Dinner), Saturday (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner), - Sunday (Breakfast and Lunch)
- Swag bag
- Instruction and guiding from the CANRVRSUP team.
- Shuttle from take out to put in on Thursday. (Your vehicle will remain at the take out for loading up on Sunday)
- Personal Snacks
- Personal mug, bowl or cutlery.
- Tent, sleeping bag, mat
- Drybags (can be rented if needed)
- Meals Thursday and Friday Breakfast/ Lunch
- Park Pass
INSTRUCTOR: STUDENT RATIO
2 : 6 (max)
Class 1-2 River